This module expands on material learned in the Foundations and Writing modules. Take a look at the Instructor Overview to find out more about this and the other modules in the OER.
Part 3 of the OER’s eTextbook aligns with this module. Included chapters are listed below. You’ll also find a Module Overview and Glossary in the text.
- Your Presentation Style
- Developing a Presentation Strategy
- Presentation Aids
- Communicating with a Live Audience
Each of the module topics has its own set of materials as listed below. Lecture Notes have been developed to accompany the slide decks. There is also a Question Bank, containing questions that could be used on exams (these also feature inside the eText in the ‘Check your Understanding’ section).
The Assignment Instructor Notes are applicable to all assessments in this module.
In this module, there is a module-length series of assessments in the form of a Presentation and Public Speaking Journal and associated Presentation and Public Speaking Activities (with reference to matching journal items).
Your Presentation Style
- Your Presentation Style Video
- Your Presentation Style Slide Deck
- Speeches that Resonate with Me Activity
- JOHARI Window Worksheet
- Speaking & Listening Handout
- Developing a Presentation Strategy Video
- Presentation Strategy Slide Deck
- Presentation Preparedness Checklist
Communicating with a Live Audience
- Communicating with a Live Audience Video
- Communicating with a Live Audience Slide Deck
- Speaking Anxiety Tip Sheet
- Final Presentation Summative Assessment & Rubric
- Scoring Feedback Guide