This module expands on material learned in the Foundations, Writing and Presentation modules. Take a look at the Instructor Overview to find out more about this and the other modules in the OER.
Part 4 of the OER’s eTextbook aligns with this module. Included chapters are listed below. You’ll also find a Module Overview and Glossary in the text.
- Communication and Diversity in Canadian Workplaces
- Your Interpersonal Communication Preferences
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Conflict Resolution
Each of the module topics has its own set of materials as listed below. Lecture Notes have been developed to accompany the slide decks. There is also a Question Bank, containing questions that could be used on exams (these also feature inside the eText in the ‘Check your Understanding’ section).
The Assignment Instructor Notes and Assessment Overview for Students are applicable to all assessments in this module.
Communication & Diversity in the Canadian Workplace
- Communicating in a Diverse Workplace Video
- Communication and Diversity in Canadian Workplaces Slide Deck
- How Diverse Are We? Activity
- Diversity Concept Map Assignment & Rubric
- Diversity in the Workplace Assignment & Rubric
Your Interpersonal Communication Style
- Your Interpersonal Preferences Video
- Your Interpersonal Communication Preferences Slide Deck
- Work Habits Questionnaire
- Cross-Cultural Communication Video
- Cross-Cultural Communication Slide Deck
- Cross-Cultural Communication Concept Map Assignment & Rubric
- Cross-Cultural Communication Assignment & Rubric
- Conflict Resolution Video
- Conflict Resolution Slide Deck
- Conflict Styles Quiz
- Escalation of a Conflict Activity